should have namespace for shared drag-and-drop use

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Mike (and all) --

I suggest that the source code in the file downloaded "LINQEntityBase.cs" should have a simple, generic, plain, namespace to make it ready for shared, drag-and-drop re-use on multiple projects.

For example, it would be nice to be able to keep a single, definitive copy of "LINQEntityBase.cs" in a common, internal, shared, source-controlled, centralized, library and when a new version comes out one could check-out the old version and drag-and-drop to copy the new version into source control and then check-in -- and that would be all it takes to position every every consuming project for the upgrade.

To illustrate the point, note that right now, the source download unzips to something like this... 

C:\Code\Temp\LINQ2SQLEB-49702\Source\LINQEntityBase\LINQEntityBaseExampleData\LINQEntityBase.cs

....and inside that file, we have the following namespace...

namespace LINQEntityBaseExampleData{ ... }

...which is a bit strange to have on my projects...

...and so I usually change the namespace, which is a bit less than convenient, as I would rather not touch the file at all, which would be easier and make it available for a diff-to-see-changes comparison if there is ever any question, etc...

...and so I am suggesting a simple, generic, plain, namespace for shared, drag-and-drop use on multiple projects, such as...

namespace LINQ2SQLEB{ ... }

...or something similar/shorter if possible.

(Regardless, the project is great as-is-- this would be just a minor improvement.)

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski